Friday, June 10, 2011

Our Short Talk, Life Long Impression.


It was the first class of electronics circuit, the teacher, with a bag and a water bottle enters in the class. Looking at his watch, and placing the marker towards the board, he writes the words “conductor, insulator and semiconductor”.  He looked at the mass of students, pointing towards students starts to ask the definition of these terms. He was awesome and was able to conduct an interactive discussion class.
I was happy; I got a teacher who was a great at his field. Not only I, but many students were impressed by his teaching methods. His interactions methods, asking question to one after another students, passing the question towards other and receiving answers through group discussion. But soon my impression towards him got ruined.
After the lecture of Semi-conductor, I asked him a question that was around my mind from few weeks ago.
“How does semi-conductor contributes towards artificial intelligence?”
 He saw at my faces, he was on his way to staff-room,
 He answered me, “after four years you will know about it.”
 Again, I insist, “Sir, would you explain a little about it?”
He looked at me like I was asking his whole life time period. The answer I got from him was shocking,
 “I don’t have time, I don’t know about it.”
This incident made me to think about the relationship of teacher and student. Moreover I remembered Albert Einstein at this very moment. Once his son asked him, “Father what your theory of relativity deals with?” his answer was too simple,” so I was able to find out a reason why is football round, while others didn’t found out so I am famous for it”

This story of Einstein makes me realize, even he was able to explain the most contradiction theory of his time to his son in simple manner, but my teacher who really denied answering the question that I raised. I was really depressed by his words.
How can I expect a better guidance from such teacher?
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
I was interested to know about the artificial intelligence and semi-conductor roles, parallel processing, but when I surf at internet and got a paper work being presented at one of reputed universities, couldn’t understand its terminologies so I wanted a teacher for guidance…………

2 comments:

  1. THe issue you have raised here is really something which should be given a thought by all of us. why are teachers like this these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think they are just there to earn their living, really i have met few teachers who were prepared for being teachers and their guidance always have played an important role in my lives......

    ReplyDelete